Frequently Asked Questions: BCH 4024 (Online)
1. How do I enroll in BCH4024 (Online) course?
- Apply for Nondegree Enrollment Status
- You must choose the College of Medicine-Online Biochemistry Course from the College dropdown list in order for your application to be coded properly for this course.
- There is no fee liability in filling out the nondegree application.
- Once Nondegree enrollment status is approved, enrollment in the online section of BCH4024 will be done by a departmental administrator in the Biochemistry and Molecular Biology.
2. When is the deadline to apply for Nondegree Enrollment Status?
- Fall 2017: Deadline has passed. Please see Spring 2018 enrollment dates.
- Spring 2018: December 1, 2017
- Summer 2018: April 27, 2018
- Fall 2018: August 1, 2018
- Please note: Nondegree enrollment applications submitted after the deadline will need to apply for the next semester’s enrollment.
3. How much is the course?
- $224.76 per credit hour (All students, including non-Florida residents).
4. What are the prerequisites for this course?
CHM 2210 Organic Chemistry 1
CHM 2211 Organic Chemistry 2
Or their equivalents at other universities
5. What technology are required to take this course?
- Must use a computer that is HARD-WIRED to the internet to avoid being dropped during the exam.
- Will be required to sign-up for ProctorU, on-line proctoring service, after enrollment in the course (ProctorU fees are included in price of course).
6. I am an on-campus student who will be out of Gainesville for the summer, can I take this course?
- Unfortunately, you cannot take this course if you are enrolled as an on campus, degree-seeking student per UF Provost Policy and Florida Board of Governors Regulation (BOG 8.002). Please refer to information concerning the on campus sections of BCH4024 outlined here.
7. How do I pay my fees for the course?
- Visit the University Bursar office webpage.
8. Where do I go to access the course once I am enrolled?
- The course is taken through E-Learning @ UF. Email instructions on how to access the course will be sent to your UFL.EDU account before the start of the course.
9. How do I withdraw from the course?
- After drop/add has ended, withdrawals must be done through the Office of the University Registrar. For more information, visit the Office of the University Registrar webpage.
10. I have more questions, who should I contact?
- Email the Course Administrator at BIOCH-Online@ad.ufl.edu