Frequently Asked Questions
BCH 4024 (Online)

1. How do I enroll in BCH4024 (Online) course?

  • Meet eligibility requirements and have taken prerequisites
  • Submit mandatory Department Application
  • Submit Special Programs – Nondegree Application
    • You must choose the College of Medicine-Online Biochemistry Course from the College dropdown list in order for your application to be coded properly for this course.
    • There is no fee liability in filling out the nondegree application.
  • Set-up Gatorlink Account
  • Enroll in Course (enrollment in the online section of BCH4024 will be done by a departmental administrator in the Biochemistry and Molecular Biology)

2. When is the deadline to apply for Non-degree Enrollment Status?

  • Fall 2024:  August 1, 2024
  • Spring 2025:  December 1, 2024
  • Summer C 2024:  May 1, 2024
  • Please note:  Non-degree enrollment applications submitted after the deadline will need to apply for the next semester’s enrollment.

3. How much is the course?

$224.76 per credit hour (All students, including non-Florida residents).

4. What are the prerequisites for this course?

  • CHM 2210 Organic Chemistry 1
  • CHM 2211 Organic Chemistry 2
  • Or their equivalents at other universities

5. What technology are required to take this course?

  • Must use a computer that is HARD-WIRED to the internet to avoid being dropped during the exam.
  • Web-cam

6. I am an on-campus student who will be out of Gainesville for the summer, can I take this course?

Unfortunately, you cannot take this course if you are enrolled as an on campus, degree-seeking student per UF Provost Policy and Florida Board of Governors Regulation (BOG 8.002).  Please refer to information concerning the on campus sections of BCH4024 outlined here.

7. How do I pay my fees for the course?

Visit the University Bursar office webpage.

8. Where do I go to access the course once I am enrolled?

The course is taken through E-Learning @ UF.  Email instructions on how to access the course will be sent to your UFL.EDU account before the start of the course.

9. How do I withdraw from the course?

After drop/add has ended, withdrawals must be done through the Office of the University Registrar.   For more information, visit the Office of the University Registrar webpage.

10. I have more questions, who should I contact?

Email the Course Administrator at