Frequently Asked Questions: BCH 4024 (Online)
1. How do I enroll in BCH4024 (Online) course?
- Meet eligibility requirements and have taken prerequisites
- Submit mandatory Department Application
- Submit Special Programs – Nondegree Application
- You MUST choose our course and college on the application in order for your application to be coded properly for this course. Failure to complete this application could delay your enrollment. Please contact us at BIOCH-Online@ad.ufl.edu or 352-294-8404 if you have questions about this application.
- There is no fee liability in filling out the nondegree application.
- Set-up Gatorlink Account
- Enroll in Course (enrollment in the online section of BCH4024 will be done by a departmental administrator in the Biochemistry and Molecular Biology)
2. When is the deadline to apply for Nondegree Enrollment Status?
- Fall 2019: August 1, 2019
- Spring 2020: December 1, 2019
- Summer 2020: April 17, 2020
- Please note: Nondegree enrollment applications submitted after the deadline will need to apply for the next semester’s enrollment.
3. How much is the course?
- $224.76 per credit hour (All students, including non-Florida residents).
4. What are the prerequisites for this course?
CHM 2210 Organic Chemistry 1
CHM 2211 Organic Chemistry 2
Or their equivalents at other universities
5. What technology are required to take this course?
- Must use a computer that is HARD-WIRED to the internet to avoid being dropped during the exam.
- Will be required to sign-up for ProctorU, on-line proctoring service, after enrollment in the course (ProctorU fees are included in price of course).
6. I am an on-campus student who will be out of Gainesville for the summer, can I take this course?
- Unfortunately, you cannot take this course if you are enrolled as an on campus, degree-seeking student per UF Provost Policy and Florida Board of Governors Regulation (BOG 8.002). Please refer to information concerning the on campus sections of BCH4024 outlined here.
7. How do I pay my fees for the course?
- Visit the University Bursar office webpage.
8. Where do I go to access the course once I am enrolled?
- The course is taken through E-Learning @ UF. Email instructions on how to access the course will be sent to your UFL.EDU account before the start of the course.
9. How do I withdraw from the course?
- After drop/add has ended, withdrawals must be done through the Office of the University Registrar. For more information, visit the Office of the University Registrar webpage.
10. I have more questions, who should I contact?
- Email the Course Administrator at BIOCH-Online@ad.ufl.edu